Updated guide about transport Milan and the Milan Travel Card .
How to move around Milan with public transport ? The City is well served by a very efficent Milan public transport network included 4 Milan metro lines , a lot of overground transport with bus , typical milanese tram and a very excellent light train line named Passante or Suburban which connect some main areas of Milan (like Porta Vittoria , Porta Venezia , Garibaldi , Repubblica) and some of the cities around Milan like Como , Varese and Bergamo .
The main Milan transport station are :
- Milan Central Station (Metro Green and Yellow Line )
- Garibaldi Station (Metro Green Line , Violet Line and Passante Station )
- Repubblica Station (Metro Yellow Line and Passante Station )
- Porta Vittoria Station (Passante Station )
- Porta Venezia Station (metro Red Line and Passante Station )
- Duomo Metro Station (metro Red Line and Yellow Line )
- San Babila Metro Station (metro Red Line )
- Piazza Castello Station (metro Red Line )
- Milan Cadorna Station (metro Red Line , Green Line and Passante Station )
Public transport milan timetable is available at each transport station but generally the overground Milan run from 05.00 am to 01.00 am . Metro working hours Milan is 06.00 am to midnight .
You can get here a very useful Milan transport Map with the main stops and metro lines
There are some different milan public transport tickets :
- One way ticket = 1,50€ valid for 90 minutes
- Milan daily ticket = 4,50€ valid for 24h
- Milan multi ticket = 8,25€ valid for 48h
Other way you can get the Milan Travel Pass ( MilanoCard ) available for 24h , 48h or 72h (the only one solution to get transport in Milan for 72h ) . Milan Travel Card includes free unlimited access to every public transportation of Milan , 2 free rides with taxi in Milan (each ride has a max value of 15€ ) and free or discounted access to the Milan Top Attractions all in one card , the official tourist card of Milan .
If you arrive in Milan by plane and you have to reach Milano from Malpensa Airport or Linate Airport or Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport , you can get the Milan Airport Bus with runs every 20 minutes from the departure area of the airports with arrival at Milan Central Station . Malpensa Airport is well server by a very efficient airport train which connect Terminal 1 to Milano Cadorna Station in 28 minutes and to Milan Central Station in 1 hour. Malpensa Express Train is available every day with a very frequents scheduled runs .
There is a special edition of Milan Travel Card realized in coopertion with Trenord-MalpensaExpress which includes also Malpensa Express ticket . Click here for more information
Moving around Milan with public transport is very easy and convenient especially with MilanoCard the local Milan travel Card . You can buy the Milan Pass in order to get any public transport for free , online or at the officiale dealers in Milan .